- Helps to support consistent water intake, maintain adequate hydration, and stimulate feed intake during times of stress
- Specifically formulated to provide critical nutrients
- Cuts losses of body shrink/dehydration for stresses of weaning, sorting and handling
- Helps to maintain fluid intake when unpleasant tasting water supplements are added to the drinking water
- First choice for early weaning, starter pigs, and pigs of any age
- Easy to supplement and extremely palatable
- Well-known product with proven results
- Provides multiple energy sources
- An acidified electrolyte that combines energy sources specifically designed to maintain hydration
- Acidification support to lower gut pH
Preparing for dehydration stress events ensures that pigs will receive the critical nutrients and hydration necessary to achieve both pig health and profitability. Use Swine BlueLite to provide additional energy, electrolytes, and acidification. For over 25 years, Swine BlueLite has been proven to support lower gut pH, to maintain hydration.
Swine BlueLite has a pleasant taste, which helps to maintain fluid intake when many unpleasant tasting supplements are added to the drinking water. Maintain adequate hydration is even more important during times of stress, such as following shipment or movement, during extreme weather conditions, or weaning. Swine BlueLite provides multiple sources of energy and is specifically formulated to provide critical nutrients and to support lower gut pH. Lower gut pH, has been shown to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Producers appreciate that Swine BlueLite is easy-to-use, well-known, and has proven results.
When to Use
- Following shipment or movement
- During extreme weather conditions
- To provide added energy
- To reduce water pH
- At weaning
- For nursing or newly weaned pigs to help mask unpleasant taste of medicants
- After scours
Directions & Dosage
Water Use: Use Swine BlueLite in the drinking water one of the following three ways when pigs appear dehydrated from environmental or management stress such as hot weather, weaning, transportation, handling and/or sorting. Give product for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed.
1. Mix one ounce (3 tablespoons) of Swine BlueLite product per 4 gallons of drinking water.
- Or -
2. Mix one pound (2 1/2 cups) of Swine BlueLite product per 64 gallons of drinking water.
- Or -
3. Mix 2 pounds (5 cups) of Swine BlueLite product per gallon of stock solution. Provide 1 ounce of stock solution to each gallon (128 ounces) of drinking water.
It is estimated that pigs will normally consume between 8-12% of their body weight in water, depending on environmental and biological stress level. Below are estimated water intake of pigs at different body weights. Estimates are based on water weighing 8.33 pounds per gallon. Please note these are estimates and intakes can vary significantly dependent on several factors.
10-20 lb pig - 0.10-0.25 gallon per day
20-30 lb pig - 0.25-0.35 gallon per day
Feed Use: Mix 6 pounds (2.72 kg) of Swine BlueLite to each ton of complete swine feed. Use Swine BlueLite in the feed for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed.
Dextrose, Sucrose, Lactose, Fructose, Citric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Calcium Silicate, Calcium Lactate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycine, Monosodium Phosphate, Magnesium Acetate, Sodium Benzoate, Artificial Flavors, Blue #1.