Advantage II takes superior flea control to the next level with the addition of the insect growth regulator (IGR) pyriproxyfen. Advantage II actively targets the ENTIRE flea life cycle for effective treatment of existing fleas and prevention of flea infestation.
Advantage II still contains the proven active ingredient, imidacloprid, found in Advantage, which kills 98-100% of adult fleas within 12 hours, stops fleas from biting in 3-5 minutes, and kills re-infesting fleas within 2 hours. The result is fast-acting relief from biting adults whether your dog has fleas or picks up fleas from another animal.
The addition of the insect growth regulator (IGR) pyriproxyfen means Advantage II inhibits development of flea eggs and larvae to break the flea life cycle, so there is no development into biting, breeding adults. Advantage II is a non-prescription topical flea control treatment specializing in fast, convenient and economical flea control. Also an effective treatment against chewing lice on dogs.
Advantage II remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming, or after exposure to rain or sunlight. No-odor, easy-squeeze tube makes it easy to apply. One tube can be effective for up to one month. Each package contains pre-measured, childproof, easy-to-use squeeze tubes. For dogs only: 7 weeks or older. Do not use on cats. Advantage II does not kill ticks.
This specific product should be used on dogs weighing more than 55 lbs.
Directions & Dosage
1. Use only on dogs. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
6. For Dogs 21-55 lbs & Over 55 lbs: The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the Advantage II tube should be applied evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of the solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal. In case of a severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
Imidacloprid; 1-[6-Chloro-3-pyrindinyl methyl]-N-nitro-2-imidazolidinimine – 9.1%
Pyriproxyfen IGR (Insect Growth Regulator) – 0.46%
- Advantage gets to work quickly and continues to kill fleas
- Kills flea larvae in the home