- Easy-to-administer electrolyte
- Specifically designed to combat shrink guard against dehydration by maintaining body fluids and encouraging water intake
- Proper hydration helps in improve carcass quality, reduce shrink loss, and reduce potential for dark cutters - all of which help to increase profitability
- Convenient, new liquid form can be added to water
- Veterinarians, nutritionists, and producers agree that it is one of the most versatile electrolytes on the market to help improve carcass quality and shrink reduction
- Very palatable to help boost water intake
- Provides added nutrients and electrolytes
- Delivers fluid balancing osmolytes to help reduce short and long term heat effects on immune function, feet and legs, and reproduction
- Replenishes potassium, magnesium and calcium
- Can be added to the TMR or top dress to ensure that cattle regularly receive nutrients
Bovine BlueLite helps cattle to rehydrate in times of stress, such as upon arrival to feedlots, during periods of heat stress, and prior to shipping. When cattle suffer from dehydration, potassium is the first electrolyte that is excreted. As a high potassium electrolyte, Bovine BlueLite provides cattle with a source for quick replacement. To mass treat calves on arrival, add Bovine BlueLite to water, in the TMR, or top dress on feed. For use during heat stress events, administer a few days before temperatures rise and continue to use during heat stress periods. Producers have seen increased profitability by using Bovine BlueLite as a way to improve carcass quality, reduce shrink loss, and reduce the potential for dark cutters.
Hydration is the key component for health and profitability. For over twenty years, Bovine BlueLite has been the first choice for cattle in the feedyard to provide specific electrolytes, multiple energy sources, and essential vitamins and nutrients to provide cattle with a more proficient start. Decades of field trials have shown that Bovine BlueLite is an effective way to ensure that cattle maintain body weight, reduce shrink loss, and encourage dry matter and water intakes. An easy-to-administer electrolyte, Bovine BlueLite is very palatable, buffered, and provides added energy sources and vitamins needed during periods of dehydration.
When to Use
- For starting feedlot cattle
- At arrival into the yard
- To help increase dry matter intake
- During hot weather and for heat stress
- In hospital cattle
- In long haul cattle
- Prior to shipping to reduce the incidence of dark cutters
- During sorting
- After diarrhea
- To help reduce the incidence of dark cuttes
- For other stress and dehydration challenges
Directions & Dosage
1. Administer Swine BlueLite in the drinking water for pigs showing signs of dehydration, or loss in body weight such as after weaning or newly purchased pigs for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed.
2. Administer Swine BlueLite in the drinking water in one of the following ways:
a. One oz. (3 level tablespoons) of Swine BlueLite powder for each 4 gallons of drinking water.
b. One lb. (2 1/2 cups) of Swine BlueLite powder for each 64 gallons of drinking water.
c. Stock Solution - mix 2 lbs. or 5 cups of Swine BlueLite powder in enough water to make 1 gallon of stock solution. Administer 1 oz. of stock solution to each gallon of drinking water.
Add three bags - 6 lbs (2.72 kg) of Swine BlueLite to each ton of complete swine feed. Keep Swine BlueLite in the feed or ration for 7 days or until pigs no longer show signs or dehydration or shrink, or feed intake has returned to normal.
1. Pigs normally consume between 8-12 percent of their body weight in water, depending upon temperature, stress and disease.
2. Water weighs about 8.33 pounds per gallon.
3. Water intake guidelines on a daily basis:
a. 10-20 lb. pig - 0.10-0.25 gallon
b. 20-30 lb pig - 0.20-0.40 gallon
Dextrose, Sucrose, Lactose, Fructose, Citric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Calcium Silicate, Calcium Lactate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycine, Monosodium Phosphate, Magnesium Acetate, Sodium Benzoate, Artificial Flavors, Blue #1.